Below you’ll find answers to questions asked frequently by our residents during their journey. If you can’t find the answers you are looking for, get in touch with us and we will respond to your query.

There are many project home builders that will build on your land. Check with the Department of Fair Trading first to see if the home builder is licensed and then inspect their display homes. When you choose your home, ask the builder to prepare a written tender to build the home on your lot or you can select from our House & Land Packages.

It usually takes 8-10 weeks to obtain Council approval (your builder will do this for you) and approximately 6 months to build.

A small deposit secures your block. A contract is then forwarded to your solicitor (if you don’t have one we can recommend one). At the same time you can select a home builder to prepare a tender/builders contract. The land is then exchanged and settled into your name and the building process starts with your builder.

You may be eligible to apply for one of the following NSW Government grants:

  • First Home – New Home Scheme
  • First Home Owner Grant (New Homes) scheme
  • New Home Grant Scheme
  • Regional Relocation Grants

Visit for more information.

Most people pick their block of land first although some people choose to go the other way. You will find, however, that it is easier to modify a house design to suit a block of land, rather than trying to get your block to suit your house.

An HIA member check can be made by calling the HIA consumer hotline on 1902 973 555. HIA can advise the member’s status and whether their membership is current.

HIA can not provide information as to the member’s building history. This information can only be provided by the relevant government department such as Consumer Affairs or a building authority.

Yes. They can be downloaded free of charge. Simply visit the Land for Sale page to download available reports.